UCT is seeking an experienced and talented Driver Technician to join our team in Phoenix East, AZ! The Driver Technician will be responsible for company cargo delivery to suppliers and distributors. Ensures the accuracy of all paperwork related to the job. Responsible for the safety of crew members, fellow employees, and the public while operating company vehicles and/or performing any company activity. Follows proper guidelines for the use of all equipment needed for completing local moving and storage jobs. Ensures vehicles and equipment are clean, safe, and kept in working order.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide safe, timely and legal operation of a company vehicle while driving to and from designated destination
- Provide professional representation of the company through responsible driving and appearance
- Proper handling and accurate completion of all necessary paperwork in a timely fashion
- Maintain a high degree of safety and environmental awareness through the practice of safe work and driving habits.
- Promptly report any delays due to weather or traffic conditions, breakdowns, emergencies, or other irregularities related to pickup or delivery of parts.
- Report all accidents and/or incidents involving drivers or company equipment
- Attend safety meetings and training programs.
- Handle receipts, read road signs and maintain a record of driving status
- Knowledge of and adherence to DOT regulations governing safe driving.
- Occasional bending, climbing, squatting and balancing
- May spend up to 50% of the time outdoors exposed to environmental conditions
- Availability for irregular work schedules, short and/or long trips, short notice for assignment of trip and tight delivery schedules.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possesses up-to-date knowledge of parts cleaning processes, with demonstrable experience.
- Approaches work by understanding the current state, desired state, restraining, and supporting forces at issues; utilizes tools and techniques that focus on the fundamental characteristics of identification, control, and continuous improvement to address relevant workplace issues.
- Coordinates resources, prioritizes activities, establishes schedules, and metrics to complete assignments. Ensures that plans are consistent with overall workgroup and business objectives.
- Informing: lets people know of decisions, changes, and other relevant information on a timely basis. Listening: Demonstrates attention to and conveys an understanding of the comments or questions of others. Spoken: Speaks effectively one-on-one and in groups; makes effective presentations.
- Participates as a team member; helps build effective teams committed to organizational goals; fosters collaboration among team members and among teams; uses teams to address relevant issues.
- Demonstrates respect and appreciation for the thoughts, opinions, and perspectives of others. Demonstrates behavior that supports the values of Quantum Global Technologies.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- Commercial driver’s license (CDL) a plus
- At least 2 years’ experience as a commercial delivery driver
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule when necessary
Physical Demands and Working Conditions: This section is required for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA)
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Ability to bend and stand on a regular basis
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and follow instructions
- Must have good time management skills
- Good verbal and written communications
- Ability to talk on the phone and use a computer for extended periods of time may be required.
- May involve exposure to moderate noise levels from printers, faxes, computers, etc.
- Work may require out of town travel depending upon assignment (training and meeting). 10%.
UCT offers an excellent benefits package to all full-time employees which includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and paid time off.
UCT is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.