Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist
The successful candidate will support the implementation of EHS management systems to ensure regulatory and safety compliance at the QuantumClean Hillsboro, Oregon parts cleaning facility as well as support various EHS projects at our ChemTrace analytical laboratory located in Portland, Oregon. Job duties will encompass a variety of EHS areas.
- Support the development and implementation of an EHS management system in order to maintain compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Determine priorities for safety and health investigations in Quantum Global Technology’s diverse work areas and make assignments accordingly.
- Develop and recommend appropriate engineering or work process modifications to prevent worker illness or injury.
- Make recommendation with respect to equipment purchase, engineering controls, workspace planning and work process planning.
- Ensure that inspections and job hazard analyses are conducted and that corrective actions are identified and implemented.
- Facilitate risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Work with the leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
- Oversee site training development and delivery.
- Promote a zero incident EHS culture throughout the site.
- Review industrial hygiene sampling strategies and results and provide recommendations.
- Serve as expert consultant for safety and environmental issues within the organization.
- Serve as expert consultant for the site hazardous materials emergency response team.
- Participate in the investigation of accidents and near misses and ensure that causes are identified and corrective actions are implemented.
- Assist with the management of Workers’ Compensation claim activities.
- Provide input to engineers for development or improvement of engineering controls.
- Contribute to the design of new processes or installations where hazardous materials will be used or hazardous processes will be located.
- Maintain current knowledge on OSHA, RCRA, SARA, CWA and CAA along with other Federal, State and local regulations.
- Develop and submit regular environmental reports required by the State of Oregon, ODEQ, EPA and other regulatory agencies.
- B.S. in Occupational Health, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience required with EHS management system related functions and administration within the chemical, metal finishing or semiconductor industry.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State and local environmental regulations including storm water, air/water and waste permitting.
- Experience with shipping dangerous goods by ground and air.
- Experience with laboratory safety.
- CSP or CHMM certification desired.
- Multi-site EHS experience and responsibility desired.
- Experience in basic EHS program requirements, including accident investigation, powered industrial trucks, respiratory protection, personal protective equipment, hearing conservation, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, life safety, machine guarding, property conservation, and worker’s compensation.
- Experience in hazardous materials emergency response team development, implementation and administration required.
- Direct experience with the operation and maintenance of waste water treatment systems preferred.
- Direct experience with the operation and maintenance of air pollution abatement equipment preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to work effectively with the EHS team and operations management and staff.
- Ability to solve a broad range of complex problems.
- Ability to utilize approaches that require innovation and change.
- Well-developed planning and organizational skills including the ability to work independently, prioritize activities, meet commitments, and proactively manage time and generally mange travel and a challenging workload.
- Must work effectively within teams and within diverse work groups.
- Demonstrates clear and concise oral and written skills as well as an ability to train others.
- Can tailor communication to all audiences.
- Effective listening skills.
- Proactively support and/or lead EHS initiatives that support the business.
- Must be able to establish and influence strategic business thinking.
- Occasional travel is required.