Quantum Global Technologies LLC, (QGT), is seeking an energetic and motivated team player to fill a Sr. Process Engineer role to join our fast-paced, company-wide Processing Engineering Team. This role provides sustaining engineering support to films, wet and mechanical cleaning operations at our Hillsboro site. Responsible for maintenance of process SOP’s and for processing personnel training. Assists with new process development and continuous improvement activities. High functioning troubleshooting skills coupled with hands-on attitude to solve problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Maintains yields, performs root cause failure analysis, and provides rapid hands on response to line problems to support a high volume part clean factory.
- Develops and maintains travelers, inventory sheets, drawings, etc as necessary to support production workload.
- Develops/maintains/evaluates production tooling (fixtures, baskets, etc.) required for efficient, effective part processing.
- Monitors and maintains production equipment (tanks, pumps, heaters, etc.) and participate in equipment replacement/specification efforts as required.
- Ensures compliance to existing operating procedures and recommends revisions as appropriate.
- Monitors effectiveness of production processes and support problem resolution as it relates to technical evaluation of parts processed.
- Monitors compliance to the material specification database for process materials (chemistry, gases, blast media, etc.).
- Monitors/maintains process controls (pressures, temperatures, concentration, contamination, etc.) through SPC. Insures that process measurements fall within the control limits and the overall process CPKs comply with the divisional limits.
- Maintains/monitors work environments to ensure they are adequate for the tasks being performed, preserve safe work practices, and meet housekeeping requirements.
- Develops/assists in development of training materials, examinations, agendas, and schedules required for personnel training/certification.
- Participates in customer audits, complaint resolution, costs analysis/time study as they relate to sales/marketing efforts.
- Participates in internal/external audits, CAPA resolution, defect/problem analysis, preventive action activities, etc.
- Participates in established committees as assigned (technical committee, safety committee, environmental committee, etc.)
- Supervises site monthly qualification cleanliness testing. Insures that process results fall between the specification limits.
- Liases with Engineering Manager or Core Engineering Group to ensure effective procedures and BKMs are implemented at the sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field with at least two years’ experience within the engineering function of semiconductor processing or systems manufacturing company.
- Familiar with wet chemistry processing, semiconductor tool consumables, semiconductor technology, critical cleaning technology, semiconductor processing, coating technologies, and CAD implementation.
- MS Office
- Experienced with tools such as DOE and RSM, SPC, FMEA, RFC methodology
- Master’s degree in engineering
- Lean Expert/Black Belt
- Green Belt
- Strong problem solving
- Engineering Degree (Chemical, materials, or mechanical)